Saturday, October 25, 2008

Nyhvan - The Old Port of Copenhagen

Nyhavn (guess how it's pronounced? Very different from how it's spelt. I had difficulty pronouncing almost all the names of the places in Copenhagen LOL) is a place one must go in Copenhagen. Apart from being the starting point of the renowned Canal Tour, it's a historic site of Copenhagen. Built by King Christian V in the 1670s, Nyhavn is the oldest harbour in Copenhagen and now, it's lined with many bars and restaurants which face the breath-taking scenery of the harbour.

There's a nice bar in Nyhavn and it's called Nyhvn 17. It's cozy inside and I like the candles which are placed on each table. They are extremely useful when it's cold.

Woohoo...my beer! Tuborg. Except that it's not alcoholic. Gotcha! ;-) Most people would give me a funny look when I tell them I don't drink and I didn't drink during my entire stay in Copenhagen though it's very common to have a glass of wine during meals. All right, I took a sip of Apple Cider and erm...I forgotten what was the other drink, from my colleagues' glass. Both were mild and they tasted quite good. Oooo...but not beers. Not even the non-alcoholic ones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haaaiii you are back!!

thanks for showing me a nice city with your all wonderful photos :))

Let's chat tomorrow na ;)
See ya
Nay

Doreen said...

Thanks for sharing all the pics. Very beautiful scenery. Hope to visit there one day.

Petite Lass said...

Nay - Yes, I am back!! No problem. My pleasure ;-) Oh, it's a public holiday in Malaysia tomorrow. Make that to Tuesday ka. See ya.

doreen - Don't mention that. I love to do that, only hope the bandwith and speed was faster so I could upload more! LOL. Yes, you should but the number of hours to fly there can be quite a pain. Anyway, it's worthy, isnt it?

said...

so what's the pronunciation for Nyhvan? 'van'?

Petite Lass said...

白 - Hehe,.... I find that the Danish pronounce 'y' as 'u' and 'v' silent. So Nyhavn would sound like "Nuhan" in Danish. Anyway, some pronounced it as Nuhaven or Newhaven but Danish keep the 'v' silent ;-)