Sunday, March 29, 2009

Otaku spree

My sister labelled me as "otaku". I could not help but agree with her. LOL. Apart from going to work, I don't really go out these days. Even over the weekends, I would sit in front of my laptop and worked.

There's an improvement this weekend. My work laptop remains untouched up to this instance. However, here I was. Surfing and blog-hopping =p A real otaku! The only difference is that I do not read manga, comics or hook up to anime and start singing OST from the anime in Japanese language. LOL. That's extreme.

As a consolation, I did go out with my colleague last weekend. We went to Mid Valley and had yummy desserts at SweetChatz. A rather nice place to chill out and to quench thirst but I find the desserts and food rather pricey. Anyway, it's all right to have them once in a blue moon. I am not sure if I am being stingy thrifty or people now do not mind spending more on something that need not cost as much, just for pleasure. *shrug*

3 comments:

Doreen said...

Otaku? So this is how they called those stay-at-home people? Stay at home is quite good too, relax and safe $$ however we do need to go out for a breather.

sdovelly said...

Ah, new vocab for me, is it Japanese?

Petite Lass said...

Doreen - LOL. Yeah, people who live in their own world (basically they do not go out of their house/room), love reading comics/mangas/watching animes (extreme fan of Japanese animes/comics) and do not really care about their physical appearance are known as otaku.

sdovelly - Hehe, from what I know, it's Japanese.