Friday, April 10, 2009

Canton-I, Mid Valley

I actually wanted to go for Korean food but my mom wanted to try Canton-I when we were at Mid Valley last weekend. Canton-I, it is!

There are a lot of Hong Kong style cafe mushrooming in Malaysia - Kim Gary, Wong Kok, Prince Cafe, Dragon-I, just to name a few. Food wise, they all serve very similar food in the same style. Price wise, I find that they are usually over-priced. 3 shrimp dumplings for MYR10??!! That sounds crazy.

So, here we are, crazy enough to continue dining in Canton-I ;)

Canton-I's specialty : Shrimp Dumpling Noodle
My mom can't resist the barbecue pork (siew yok) and char siew
Pork porridge. Consists of intestines, stomach, sausage and meatball. Found some scallops as well. I like the smooth texture of the porridge but honestly, overall I am not exactly very pleased with this dish. It costs MYR9.80 and that's the cheapest main course on the menu! Well, the picture on the menu looked more promising than the actual one that was served. So, that explains....... =p
The porridge comes with some snacks.
Fried Vermicelli with shredded duck meat. As you can clearly see, the presentation wasn't exactly attractive. It's slightly burnt.

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Emm....the food looks so-so to me and they're expensive!!

said...

maybe the one in One U better
http://masak-masak.blogspot.com/2008/01/canton-i-1-utama-shopping-centre.html