Saturday, January 30, 2010

Something inspiring from Coca-cola...

We constantly need reminders to jolt us to realisation what matters to us. Here's an inspiring 30 second speech by Bryan Dyson, the CEO of Coca-cola.

"Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling five balls in the air. You name them - Work, Family, Health, Friends and Spirit - and you're keeping all of these in the Air.

You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back.

But the other four Balls - Family, Health, Friends and Spirit - are made of glass. If you drop one of these; they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for it."

Although I cannot declare myself a workaholic, I am somewhat inclined to be engrossed in things that I do that I am totally oblivious what is happening around me. A colleague who sat across me commented "Do you notice that when you work, you just concentrate on your laptop and you don't look any where else or talk?". He has been trying to distract me from work for a while, every now and then, just to make sure I take a break off from my laptop. He meant well and I thank him for that.

After reading the speech (sent by a friend), it reminded me again that there are certain things in the world that you do not have a second chance to own or to make amends to.

Have you managed to keep all the 5 balls up in the air? Well, at least the vulnerable ones....?

1 comment:

roe said...

Whatever happened to GOD?

I believe the fundamentals of mankind is to acknowledge the Maker of Heavens and Earth.

The absence of spirituality has led to the downfall of morality in this world where sin is exalted and God, in this sense, does not exist.

Still remember our Form 4 books that explained Zaman Jahiliyah (the Arabic Dark Ages)? It is when God turns His back on humanity for their sins and ignorance.

I think we are coming to that time again or perhaps we are already living in it. It is time, we do not deny the existence of God who should be ultimately be on top of our priority list.

Remember our first RukunNegara - Kepercayaan kepada Tuhan.

God bless :)