Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Intimidated by a dog?

My colleague was just teasing me for being afraid of dogs a couple of days ago. This morning, I had a funny encounter with a dog.

I was taking the usual route to work. From afar, I spotted a small black dog with its owner. I thought to myself that by the time I walked there, the dog would have been gone.

To my utter disappointment, the dog was still there when I was approaching it. In fact, it stood still and turned to look back...not sure at me or behind as its eyes were covered by black fur and the dark was still a little dark. I couldn't make out where it was looking.

Braving myself, I took a step forward, it also took a step forward. Frightened, I retreated. Looking at the dog and then on the pile of snow on my right, I was wondering should I walked up on the pile of thick snow to get away from the little thing. I tried taking a step forward again. It did exactly the same! I then looked at the owner and then the dog. I dared not move. The owner then told me to walk, assuring me that it would be all right. So, I walked slowly. Phew......glad that the dog was not following me.

Nah, the dog was not as cute.....Wish it was this cute! :)

2 comments:

said...

hahaha, that happens to me pretty often, even it looks cute, still feel intimdated and looking for detour. someone told me that if you put your hand at your heart or covered it with something the dog would attack.

Petite Lass said...

Really?!! Hehehe. Glad that I am not alone. Whoa!!! If that's true, I am doomed.