Sunday, June 15, 2008

A night out with girl friend

I have heard of NiuZeXui via advertisements from the media but had yet to see the place for myself until last night, my friend who lived nearby volunteered gladly to show my sister and I around. Honestly, I couldn't remember the direction to that place again :S I am pretty bad with directions. (Yeah Yeah, I am directionless hehe - metaphorically)

The place remains me of NiuZeXui in Singapore aka Chinatown. The flowers on the trees are delicately decorated with pink and blue neon lightbulbs. I like the architecture and the design of the building. It's magnificent but it does look a little awkward having a handsome building standing in the middle of the still developing Ara Damansara. Many shoplots are still vacant and available for rent or sale.

Apart from food (which is one of the main attraction to most people), one can find fashionable clothes, jeans (came across a shop which sell really exotic jeans - from jackets to denim to mini skirts but the price is almost equivalent to those boutiques you find in shopping malls. Eg: MYR89.90 per pair of jeans), electronics, collectibles, accessories, games, VCDs/DVDs and toys.

My friend wanted to buy a wu lou (aka Calabash) crystal pendant. Little did I know that she has a sound knowledge of crystals and fengshui. It was said that crystals do have magical healing and mystical paranormal powers. She was looking for a Calabash crystal which guards the health and well being of the bearer. According to the shop assistant, the pink one brings luck in love or romance relationship to the bearer, while the black one helps to ward off evil or bad energy, the green one - there are 2 types of green; one is lighter in colour and it's said to help to promote good health and the darker green Calabash crystal is said to promote the relationships between the bearer and the surrouding people. I couldn't recall the rest.

The male shop assistant is a funny chap who hailed from Johor. He said he just came to Kuala Lumpur two months ago. I was laughing my stomach sick listening to the conversation between the chap and my friend. The latter is a forthcoming and spendthrift girl. She would never hesitate to post questions to get to the bottom of the truth. Before paying for the items she had carefully selected, she blatantly asked for discount although the items, according to my humble opinion, were relatively reasonable. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind having to pay off a few Ringgits ;-)

This chap had asked for our phone numbers, claiming that we were the cutest people he had ever come across since coming to Kuala Lumpur (that was before we knew he had just been here for a mere two month! ~_~") Obviously, we declined giving the commonly used reason - "inconvenient". I actually saw that coming because the chap was directly hitting on my friend. He teased and made some remarks on most of the things that my friend had said. He playfully requested my friend's phone number in exchange for her change(She gave him MYR50 for the items which amounted to less than MYR30 because she did not have smaller change). Phew, I suppose we were lucky that we managed to get away easily.

After buying some doughnuts from Big Apple, we headed off to "Chui Chui Sui" cafe (aka Island Cafe) in SS2, Petaling Jaya. My friend suggested to have a drink there because she said there're a huge array of bizarre drinks to try from. The ambience of the cafe was comfortable and suitable for friends to have a good chat. My sister ordered Milk Latte(non coffee), my friend; a Carrot Milk and myself; a fresh Honey Dew juice.

We had a great time chatting about everything under the sun. The best thing about this friend of mine is she's straight-forward, quick-witted, bubbly and she really has a contagious laughter.

I am looking forward to another outing with her and hopefully, a short trip or vacation with her. Bet it would be fun.

No comments: