Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Art of Make Up

I was supposed to be preparing for a presentation and yet I was doing every other things except that! LOL. Actually, I had presented to my senior colleague last week but had some touch up to do and wanted to rehearse the flow of presentation since I tend to have problems getting words out smoothly from my mouth (especially in front of a crowd).

Anyway, I started wandering further from my initial intention. Here is where I landed myself. Looking at my outer appearance, people would usually pass me as someone who is "fashion-blind". I have been telling myself to change my wardrobe for the past few years and here I am, still wearing what I had been wearing for the past years! LOL. However, I do have a fashion sense - I know what looks good on a person or myself. Probably, I just can't be bothered to make a move to transform myself. Having said that, I must confess that I am a noob when comes to make up. I merely know the theoretical part of the art, thanks to beauty/fashion magazines and articles. However, I have never experimented on myself. I don't have a make-up kit. Yeah, that's right. I don't apply any make up although attending a dinner =p Oh yes, I may appear to be tomboyish. (I recalled having a male friend totally forgotten I AM a girl...)

Okies, back to the what I intended to share with you all on what I had discovered. The link mentioned above is a diary of a Japanese make-up artist. I was speechless to see how make-up work its way to create wonders! Selected a few to comment on.

This is cool. Better than tattoo, huh?

Awesome!

Don't I look pretty and cute in Kimono? Nah, just joking. I am not that pretty! =p

Ah,..beautiful hands

Picture source:
http://kaorikaori.blogspot.com/
http://kaoripress.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

said...

Saw your graduation photos with make up. That's a bright look. you should do it more often

Petite Lass said...

Hehe thanks for the compliment *blushing* I am a lazy bump. Had someone do the make-up for me that day. But removing it wasn't something I look forward to =p I do look very ghastly/plain without colours. Even I myself was taken aback by the reflection on the mirror but still, I couldn't care less to put on colours =p LOL