Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Busy Saturday

My friend and I had planned to go to an island dubbed Pulau Besar during the upcoming Merdeka (Independence Day) holiday. It's said to be located near the renown Pulau Perhentian.

We decided to take a bus to Mersing, Johor and then board a ferry to the island. So, my friend said she would like to check out the bus services to Mersing at Pudu. My sis and I joint her.

It's such a coincidence that we bumped into a friend at KL. She was studying part time at Kasturi. How hardworking. I have thought of getting another certification to add value to my working experience in the job market. In the midst of saving up money and hope I could start off my plan soon.

We headed to Sunway Pyramid later as my friend's mom was waiting to reunite with her there. Upon arrival at the entrance of the new wing (near Häagen-Dazs), we saw there's a small crowd and we heard some cheers as well as laughter. The MixFM roadrunner crews were there to give away prizes and vouchers. There were 3 of them and I had no idea who were they as it's been ages since I listened to that radio station.

My friend was pretty excited and decided to grab some prizes or vouchers. So we tagged along. Each of us was given a latest product by Gardenia. It looked similar to Twiggies (it does not contain cream, though) and it tasted like banana cake.

The three of us managed to win ourselves a magazine by Zero, a newly launched UV protection product by Lancome and fragrance by Bubberry (The Beat). My friend had additionally won herself a magazine by "Brides". The roadrunner crews were quite nice and generous in giving away prizes. There were times that the crowd did not know the answers to the questions and the crews threw us easier questions so to delight us. I suppose I would give it another try if I spotted any roadrunner crews nearby as there are so many freebies to give away ;-)
I bought myself a 3 quarter pants from Yishion for MYR29. The price is rather reasonable after discount is applied. Sales is all over right now. So, it's the best time to shop! Later, I also bought myself a new mobile phone. Mine had conked out a few days ago. For the first time, I got myself a camera phone (Yeah, I do sound a little low-tech and outdated =p) with an FM radio and Bluetooth connectivity. It's a 2600 classic series. I opted for the cover in light gold.

After that, my family and I went to a Japanese restaurant opposite SJMC (or Sheraton hotel, Subang Jaya) for dinner. We ordered Curry Udon, Rice set with Grilled Salmon and a Rice plus Udon set (actually, I can't recall the name. It's too long. The set meal actually consists of both rice and udon). Pictures (on food) are in the order mentioned above.

The food look delicious but I would rate them 6 out of 10. I personally felt that Zen is more worthwhile to dine in. Shun's ambience is good and the waitresses are warm but the food are just slightly above average. *Shrug* Well, probably, it's just me only. Each person has different likings.

4 comments:

said...

So you have decided to go Pulau Besar from Mersing? Last time i departed from Umbai, Melaka cos it is just opposite Melaka.

Oh, was at Sunway Pyramid too the same day and as well saw the mixfm crew, haven't start working yet.

The second last pic of food, it's a poison to me--oyadon

Petite Lass said...

Yeah, my friend said so.
Ah, too bad. Wrong timing. Otherwise, you would have bag away all the goodies mentioned and perhaps even more! We left before it's over.

Mmm....you are allergy to eggs? That bowl of rice consists of eggs, onions and chicken.

said...

if that dish is oyadon, it doesn't suit my appetite though have tried many different restaurants. weird sweet rice.

Petite Lass said...

Mmm..good question. Not sure if it's Oyadon. I can't recall the dish's name as it's pretty long hehe. The rice is not sweet. It's plain Japanese rice grain.

Hey, you are pretty fast in replying and thanks for your comments =D Had a great time replying to them last night.