Friday, July 4, 2008

Dear U....

I was delighted to meet my former colleague at MSN whom I worked with during my Industrial Training in 2006. It was a busy and tiring Friday, as usual. So, it was great to have chatted with her.

She's still as sweet and friendly like the last time I saw her. We talked a little about ourselves and updated each other on what we were busy with. While talking to her (and even now), memories of my training days were flashing in my mind. I was touched that everyone in the company were so nice to my sis and I. There were only 6 of us (including my sis and myself) in the company and now, I believe it has expanded. Each and everyone of them had taught us valueable lessons and I shall always remember them. To me, it was more than an industrial training. The friendship we had fostered is something I would cherish a lifetime.

We always had lunch together in the conference room. I recalled one day, during lunch hour, we talked about Valentine's Day (it was Valentine's Day) and each of our first love. We then asked our manager what did he do to express his love to his wife. Did he do or say anything special on that day? He smiled sheepishly. Somehow, we made him call his wife and made him wish her "Happy Valentine's Day". He put his phone on Loudspeaker so we could hear every single word his wife said. There was so much warmth and laughter in the room. I enjoyed every lunch hour we had together.

I gathered that every year end, everyone would reminisce what took place in the past year and what would be the new year resolution. We took turn to share with one another. It was my first time having to share my personal thoughts with a group of people whom I had only known for a short period of time. Yet, I felt welcomed to pour out what was in my mind.

The time had come where my Industrial Training was nearing completion. I had a mixture of feelings. At one hand, was glad that I had completed my Industrial Training and on the other, I was saddened by the thought of parting with a group of nice people. On our last day, it was also the day that my colleagues needed to shift office. We had lunch together (haha on Manju's expense and oops, I forgotten the restaurant's name but the food was good. Thanks!) and then we headed off to shift things to the new office. Later in the day, we exchanged goodbyes and from there, we started off a new journey of our own. But, I have not forgotten any of you as each and everyone of you has made a difference in my life.

Manju, this blog is dedicated to you for being a wonderful mentor, colleague and friend (not to forget thank you for reminding me to commemorate the joyest memories we had in my blog).It was nice chatting with you. Hope to see you around more often. Good luck and all the best! =D Keep in touch.

No comments: