Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Bloody Sandy"

No, I didn't make a mistake by spelling "Bloody Sandy" instead of "Bloody Mary" and it isn't a drink. Here is the story.

Last Friday, there's this lady by the name Sandy sent an impolite email giving my colleague a lesson about being impolite. Sounds ironic and pathetic huh? Teaching someone to be polite when she isn't any better. In fact, the email was full with rude and impolite words which she intentionally put them in bold and capitalize and her email was insulting as well as intimidating. One word which was repeated throughout the email was "bloody" (hence, the name "Bloody Sandy"). This is certainly not what we expect from someone of managerial position like her. I felt myself burning hot when I read that email. So was my colleague. LOL. My colleague may be hot-headed but I believe she could not have been that rude or impolite to deserve such an email. Well, even if my colleague had been that rude, she could have lodged a complaint in a more professional and constructive manner. What she did was more like avenging what others did to her but with amplifying result.

From what I gather, she is very unreasonable, long-winded and often make untruthful accusations against others, especially if she's the customer. That sounds very scary, isn't it. Luckily, our paths had never crossed and pray that will not happen in future.

God bless my colleague and Bloody Sandy. Hope the latter can see the monster in herself one day and "turn over a new leaf". Amitabha.

P/S: Maybe I am holding prejudice against her for what she had done to my colleague but she had given people such an ugly impression of herself by sending out an utterly rude email and behaving childishly.

4 comments:

narrowband said...

Things like this happen all the time and it's unfortunate that it happened on your friend. To send an email is, by itself, a cowardly act. If she was really angry or brave then she should have told her face to face!

Petite Lass said...

Wow, quick reply. Thanks for stopping by.
Yeah, a bad way to end a pleasant day. We can't help but wonder how does she look like in person. We figured that she's some menopousal "aunty" waiting to pounce on her victims by chance. LOL. Heard that she had called and spoken to my colleague (probably things didn't work out via the phone so she sent an email to continue the "unfinish business"). She also had a telecon with one of our senior colleagues but not sure what's the outcome. Waiting for more updates tomorrow =p

Anonymous said...

There is this chinese proverb which describes this category of people closely, if you understand "一种米养白种人".

Petite Lass said...

Ah, after consulting my mom and the online dictionary, yeah, got what you mean. LOL.

You have a good command of English as well as Chinese. I on the other hand, neither good in English nor Chinese. I can't really read (or speak well) Chinese but I can understand if you speak at moderate speed and please do not use flowery words ;p However, I can speak Cantonese rather well.