Sunday, August 17, 2008

Like Father, Like Son; Like Mother Like Daughter?

Some time last week, I was chatting with my colleague after office hours about how some children do not bear the resemblance of their parents. I am one of them, except for the height ~___~" Both my parents have quite attractive features but they are not tall and I inherit this from them! Why?!! Anyway, after seeing some people who are shorter than I am, I felt consoled at least I am above 5 feet 2. I suppose it was my happiest moment when I was in Singapore. I didn't feel short at all!The girls there are rather petite and most of them are of my height (some only reached my height after wearing high heels) =p Huurrraaayyy.....I am not that short after all!

Perhaps, I inherited features from my grandparents or my great grandparents and probably the next generation will only inherit my parents' features. Weird eh? How genetics and inheritance work remain a mystery and in fact very interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. i'm the second tallest in the family after my father but still i find myself short since all my friends are very much taller than them. i'm usually the shortest amongst my friend. :(

thank u for the concern. i always have to remind myself not to think of the others so i won't attract them at all but i guess i just saw something in my house. but oh well... they don't bother me at all now.

Petite Lass said...

LOL.Me too. I am usually the shortest among my friends :/

Anonymous said...

YOU- a creation of the best pair of genes from both your parents. so you should be grateful!(sorry for being naggy, just my nature) hehe...