Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rain, please go away.....

It has been rainy lately. Although absolutely perfect to sleep, it does ruin my vacation plan to Pulau Besar a little. Ah, I just need to work for another day (tomorrow) and I shall be off till next Tuesday! Lovely. So, Rain, please do me a favour. Have your vacation in these few days too. Trust you would want to celebrate Independence too, huh? =p

I didn't go out for lunch yesterday due to the heavy rain. Had my take-away fried rice mamak style in the office pantry. My colleague brought Asam Salmon Fish Head with cabbage and other kind of vegetables, which she prepared it by herself. It took her only 30 minutes to finish of the dish!! She's really a good cook. We were eyeing her lunch box throughout the lunch session. Although I am not a huge fan of Salmon (Salmon sashimi style is fine as it does not have the strong fishy taste when it's cooked), I can't help watching her devouring the fish head tastefully. It was an enjoyable lunch, especially having my humorous, talkative, quick-witted and cheerful colleagues around. We took about 30 minutes to finish off our food and the balance 30 minutes chatting away. Great way to distress and to strengthen our friendship. Shall do this more often ;-)

5 comments:

Doreen said...

Raining is still ok, rain + strong gustly wind is a real disaster! It would be good if it only rains at night, wouldn't it? LOL

Aiyo, I keep thinking about the asam salmon.....

Petite Lass said...

Hehe, yeah. Agree. Perfect for a good sleep.
LOL

said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
said...

my laundries never dry. i am wearing those force-to-dry-in-rainy-days clothing to work daily. you can imagine those smells that tag to me..

who's the great cook?

Petite Lass said...

Woo....pity you. Luckily, didn't smell any unpleasant scent from you. LOL. Try TOP detergent eh?

Ah, that's Kaely! We talked over lunch and boy, she can tell you anything about cooking.