Sunday, August 24, 2008

Annual Dinner 2008

Last night's annual dinner was indeed grand. It was held at the Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel & Spa. The reception and registration booth was very well decorated. Kudos to the committee members and the event management company engaged.

Being camera-shy, I avoided the camera man as he kept appearing whenever I happened to be around. Fortunately, my colleague was camera-friendly. So, she took care of him while I stealthily sneaked away. Nonetheless, he reappeared while my other colleague, who was camera-shy as well was with me. My colleague and quickly turned away. The camera man attempted to get another shot and he was unfortunate to have met us. We shy away. Finally, he gave up and moved to another location for more shots. Phew.....

Though there were many gorgeous looking guys in the company, (ahem, it's true, mind you. Ask any of my female colleagues and you will find that I am telling nothing but the truth =p) dressing up like a Bond and coupled with some ICI did make all the difference. Mmm...well, perhaps just a little better. LOL.

As for the ladies, noticed there were indeed a lot of hot ladies in the office and some are already mothers! That really got me envied.

I wasn't very impressed with the emcee, who was actually rude and mean to our fellow colleagues who were sporting enough to play the stage games and to entertain the rest. Sense of humour is important but insulting others to make yourself seem humorous is definitely not the way. Plus, I was agitated by his dirty jokes. As though having a jerk like him is not enough, there's another female entertainer by the name Joanne (or was it Joanna? Whatever..) did the same but worse. All her jokes or so-called "comedy show" revolved around dirty and very embarrassing jokes. I always think that a lady should treat her pride with great importance. Clearly, this lady begs to differ. Perhaps, this is her job but I couldn't accept that. [shrug]

The food was so-so. It's a 4 course meal, which started off with a appetizer (smoked salmon with some wasabi sauce and salad. Unfortunately, could not really taste salmon. It was diced into very small cubes). After that, we had a soup with shredded duck meat. The main course was chicken meat with poleto cake ( still couldn't figure out what it was made of. Tasted like mashed potato which was moulded into the shape of pancake and was then fried). We felt there was too much of meat and lastly, we had chocolate mousse for dessert.

I suppose I had been very lucky in this year's annual dinner. I picked the Ace of Spade during the pre-dinner lucky draw in office, which won me a bar of Ferrero Rocher. Then, during the Early Bird Lucky Draw at the registration booth, I won 2 GSC movie tickets and a Parkson Grand shopping voucher worth MYR100 during the 2nd round of Lucky Draw during the Dinner. Though it wasn't the grand prize, I felt lucky to have won the prizes for all the 3 lucky draws.

Pictures shall follow in due course. I am compiling from my sources ;p

2 comments:

Doreen said...

You must be one pretty lady that's why the camera man was following you. And you're one LUCKY lady too. *envy* I hardly won any lucky draw.

Looking forward to your pictures!

Petite Lass said...

Haha..on the contrary. Just that the people I was with were pretty and good looking. My jaw dropped open upon seeing my colleagues making appearance. They simply look great! I am not usually lucky when comes to Lucky Draw but this year is exceptional =D