Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday Celebration at Halo Cafe

Last Saturday was a happening affair. Had a birthday celebration for one of my girl friends at Halo Cafe, Sunway Pyramid. It's my first visit there and so was the birthday girl (well actually her birthday is tomorrow. We are celebrating it earlier). The ambience of the cafe was comfortable and relaxing. While waiting for the singers to perform, soothing songs were played from the audio speaker to entertain the visitors.

The cafe was still rather empty when I arrived. Strangely, the serving time was long despite the fact there wasn't many customers. Diners are allowed to dedicate songs by listing the songs in a piece of paper and pass them to the singers on stage or the waitresses. This is an attractive offer. Apart from enjoying food, diners are able to indulge in live performance by professional singers. I must compliment the performers for their impressive performance. All the three of them have strong vocals and they have great chemistry working in a trio.


This is the lovely blackberry forest cake from Bread Story for the birthday girl. It's rich in chocolate and I like the sourish taste introduced by the blackberry jam sandwiched between the cake layers.

Upon lighting the candles on the cake and bringing it to the birthday girl, the singers on stage immediately switch to birthday talks and birthday songs. It felt good to see a huge grin on my friend's face (the birthday girl) and glad that she enjoyed the celebration.

Thanks to Eugene for the candid shot. It turns out pretty nice. Natural post, eh? LOL

After the dinner, we went to snap some photos around Sunway Lagoon. It was the first time I walked pass the new wing from the outside at night. It's really happening with the pubs and cafes operating till the wee hours.

Then, my friend suggested to have a drink (tea) at Winter Warmers. We ordered a pot of Blueberry Apple Tea. It didn't come cheap but the tea cups were cute and delicate. They reminded me of the quaint cutleries we used to play in "masak-masak". The tea was served with honey syrup, which could be added to taste.

My friend said the tea tasted like Ribena. Probably, but I kind of like it. The tea was fragant and a little sour.

We had a long chat during the windy night while sipping the freshly brewed tea. It felt so good to be in the company of my friends. Perhaps the fact that I know one of them would be posted to Kemaman for three months as offshore engineer, made me cherished the moment more. I would not be in Malaysia starting from this Saturday through the third week of October and that day could be the last day we see each other in 3 to 4 months to come.

Anyway, wanted to wish you (E-Wen) Happy Birthday! It's about 59 minutes away before it strikes 12am of 23rd September 2008. May all your wish come true and stay pretty! =)

9 comments:

icefreak said...

I absolutely love winter warmers. You should get the membership if you want to get promotion. And try the lavender cookies. This place is so dainty. And yea, happy belated bday to E Wen.

Doreen said...

Still same question: Which pretty lass is you? Hehehehe

Anonymous said...

As a die hard tea lover, I'm actually not too fond of Winter Warmers. More like their tea sets.

But maybe I should try out their supposedly "traditional English" afternoon tea first to avoid judging too quickly. :)

Petite Lass said...

icefreak : Ooo.. I see. First time going there. No idea about the membership hehe. Anyway, thanks for the tip ;-) Actually, her birthday is today - 23rd

doreen : LOL. I am no pretty lass. The one with maroon shirt and standing. First from the left. The one on the right is really pretty. She turned quite a number of heads that night.

missmall : Ah,...I see. That was my first visit there. So, not much comments but a nice place to sit and chat. The tea sets are really quaint.

Anonymous said...

looks like i should drop by Halo, i like to listen to nice live performance and chill out. ah ya....same q,which petite lass is u? they are all petite!

Petite Lass said...

Ah, you should. I would like to go there again in future. I am the one with maroon shirt and standing. First from the left.

Anonymous said...

very petite indeed hehe...

said...

love Halo cafe too especially with live band. long time dint go ever since the usual HaloC in Melaka closed down (or shifted, unsure).

Petite Lass said...

白 - Maybe one day we could have a gathering there? It would be fun. I had a great time that night. Would love to go there again =D