Sunday, October 26, 2008

High School Musical Year 3

What makes a movie extraordinary and stand out among others? Kenny Ortega has the answer to this question. Coupled with catchy songs and sleekly choreographed dance moves, a movie is no longer a story telling affair. Kudos to Ortega for putting up yet another awesome musical movie.

High School Musical had been advertised on Disney Channel in Copenhagen since the day I set foot at the foreign land - about once every hour. It attracted my attention especially with the song "Right Here, Right Now" and some interesting dance moves. I decided to see it when I am back in Malaysia. Actually, I wanted to see Eagle Eye before flying off. Alas, time did not permit me to do so. My sister saw it with a friend and I wanted us to catch a movie together.

The story is simple but I enjoyed the movie very much. I have a tendency to like musical shows and High School Musical is my cup of tea. It is well packaged with comedy, romance, action (in terms of dance and oh, basket ball match) and great songs.

As I was led into the story by the characters, I could relate some of my experiences to the characters'. Good old school days are sweet and innocent. I miss the time when my friends and I would cherish every free period we had together.

I particularly like the scenes when Troy and Gabriella waltz in the balcony and the school garden. The scene which Troy and Chad danced to "The Boys Are Back" was awesome as well. I felt a sudden sparkle of desire to pick up dancing lessons right away. Yeah, I have been thinking of that since..mmmm, I can't recall when and yet, here I am, still not realising it. Blame it all on laziness ;p

Take my hand
Take a breath
Pull me close
And take one step
Keep your eyes
Locked on mine
And let the music be your guide........

Now, if you would excuse me, I would like to see the waltz scene again.

No comments: