Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dining at Tomoe

It's been a while since my last post. I have been busy with work and almost suffocate. However, did steal some time to read some comments on my posts and it did put a smile to my exhausted looking face. Thanks girls, for making my day.
As I will be travelling to Johor to conduct training tomorrow, my mom decided to celebrate "Dong Jie" (a festive celebrated by Chinese about 3 days prior to Christmas and it's said to be more important than Chinese New Year) two days earlier. We decided to go to Tomoe because this Japanese restaurant has earned many compliments and it's near to my house.
After coming back from work, was hurried to go out for dinner at Tomoe. It's raining cats and dogs when I reached home.
Tomoe was cozy and a little white Christmas tree was found in the quaint restaurant. While waiting for the food to be served, I walked around the restaurant to snap some photos. Pardon me for the poor quality as they are taken by my camera phone. Didn't get to grab my camera when I was dashing out from the house.
Interior design of Tomoe
Little White Christmas tree
Cute ornament found on the Christmas tree.
Mr X'mas
Found this deco when I was wandering around.

Oh yeah, here comes the most interesing moment : arrival of food! Please prepare your napkin. Time to salivate! LOL

Yum! Miso soup - one of my favourite Japanese foodKaisen Don (MYR 36). I enjoyed this dish very much. The seafood were fresh and I begin to like the texture of raw fish. Succulent and tender. This is a dish that I would recommend to those who like raw fish and vinegar rice.Ebiten (MYR 15) Oops, you must have noticed that I had been trying real hard to hide the gaps filling the plate by taking the photo from different angles. Mission failed =p Yeah, I forgotten to take a picture before others helped themselves with the delicious prawn roll. Richly coated with fish roe and fine in texture, this dish is worth trying. Ebi Tempura (MYR22). My mom could not resist this dish when she saw the lady on the next table ordered this. My mom was generous in offering compliments after taking the first bite. I could not agree more with her. The batter which coated the prawns were crunchy and fluffy. The chef did an excellent job in ensuring the prawns were not overcooked. In fact, the prawns were very tender.

Soft Shell Crab Salad (MYR 26). Sourish,slightly sweet and fragrant, is how I exactly like a salad dressing. I couldn't really make out what were the ingredients but all I can say is the salad was superb.
The bill came up to MYR170.20 and yeah, it's a little pricey. Strangely, I didn't feel the pinch although I would, usually. Probably, I felt I deserved a luxurious meal after all the hard work put in to the current project my team and I are working on. Also, my December salary plus contractual bonus was in already since beginning of the week. It's the time to celebrate though the amount is nothing particularly to be happy about! I would be spending most of my time at work for the next couple of weeks. So, here's my chance to treat myself well ;p

8 comments:

Doreen said...

Yes, you definitely deserve it gal. The food looks heavenly and I like that sakura decor. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

said...

hmm, Evelyn just commented the food there not as tasty as expected...you notice rakuzen next door has been renovated? looks welcoming with the obvious entrance now (my first visit there cant find the door :-P) next week imp may go shogun, yet to finalize the venue. may not be joining if it is shogun after taking the unfresh dishes at 1U.

Anonymous said...

Wao...so tempted..make me feel like rushing to a Japanese restaurant to have a plate of Shashimi. Well if you are a Japanese food lover.. may go and try at Sushi Zanmai at 1 utama or Sunway pyramid (1st floor, Japanese street)

Anonymous said...

A nice one, Merry Christmas & happy holidays to you! :)

Petite Lass said...

Doreen - Yes, I am looking forward to Christmas! Hope you will have a wonderful Christmas too! Shall wait for your post on X'mas!

白 - Oh, I did. Someone told m it's closed down during renovation. I couldn't believe it czuse the business is good! Shogun seems like a place for Japanese fine dining but the truth is, it's not that great.

Cher - Hehe, I have a soft spot for Japanese food. Yeah, tried Sushi Zanmai before. Not bad. I had Japanese food in one of the Jap restaurants in Singapore and I think it worth the price. I can't remember the name. It sounded like Zanmai or something like that. Fine dining...and the best part is I didn't have to pay for the bill =p

sdovelly - Merry Christmas to you too! Have a blessed and enjoyable X'mas

Jian said...

ahhh.. was lingering over all the food.. just just, cant really see the crap la.. too much of seaweed blocking the "star" dy.. :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, gal! Have a good one. :)

Petite Lass said...

Jian - Hehe, the crab is not that big either ;p

MisSmall - You too have a Merry Merry Christmas! =D