Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Day At Bukit Tinggi

I know it has been ages since my last post. My bad. I had been busy with the project I had worked for months. It was successfully rolled out two weeks ago. Hurray! However, there are follow ups to do - post implementation support and more trainings. I seriously missed this little space where I use to develop my creativity.

Here is an outdated post about my one day trip up to Bukit Tinggi. Although it was after Christmas (went there on the 29th December), there were still many X'mas decorations. Perfect for photo-shooting.
Bukit Tinggi is not exactly a very interesting place. It's not as cooling as I expected and besides a couple of limited selections of restaurants, there are not many things to explore. The souvenir shops are quaint but the souvenirs sold are slightly pricey (for locals perhaps).

I am disappointed and ashamed with the condition of our public washrooms. They smelt bad and looked dirty. It's time for us to put in effort to keep our public washrooms clean. After all, we are adults and we should be capable of using the washrooms in the right manner.

Apart from washrooms, I am not pleased with the service extended by the restaurants. We had to wait for about 30 minutes to get the table cleared and another 10 minutes to place our orders.

Anyway, the photos turned out to be the greatest return from this trip. Not bad, huh?

6 comments:

Doreen said...

Hey, that's a very nice place! Looks like in Germany! What state is this in?

Anonymous said...

Nice pics you've got there. The last time i went to Bkt Tinggi was so long ago. Like you said, nothing much, a day trip is more than enough.

Petite Lass said...

Doreen - It takes the concept of French Village. Bukit Tinggi located at Pahang. Slightly further than Genting Highlands.

sdovelly - Yeah. I won't want to go there again unless going there with friends who can come up with great plans on what to do up there.

siewlee said...

eh what camera u using? or are u using a camera phone?

Anonymous said...

I remember being rather disappointed with my trip to Bukit Tinggi too. But that was 5 years ago and there wasn't any Christmas decorations. You're right, not really an exciting place and not worth the drive if it wasn't for a change in scenery. :)

Petite Lass said...

siew lee - I was using Nikon er...forgotten what model. Bought it years ago. My camera phone could not produce such sharp images.

Missmall - You are right. If not because of X'mas deco, it's so boring.