Sunday, February 15, 2009

Miss No Good

Recently, I am hooked up to yet another Taiwanese drama - Miss No Good (不良笑花). Perhaps that's the only entertainment available after I get back from work. All the Hong Kong dramas were aired before I got home or too late at night :

The storyline is fairly simple. Having said that, I am surprised how I am very much entertained by this drama. It gave me an excellent jaw exercise and it's a great way to relax after a whole tiresome day at work.

Some maybe annoyed by Rainie's comical voice. If you had seen the NG scenes, you will find that Rainie is very professional in bringing out the character of Xiao Hua. She had to act cute and comical so much so that at some point of time, it reminded me of a comical character which you could usually find in comics or mangas. I also liked how Xiao Hua and her granny speak with a funny accent. It comes so naturally.

Credit should also be given to Wilber Pan for portraying the egoistic and ill-mouthed professional stylist Tang Men. Considering this is his first Taiwanese Idol drama project ( I suppose), he did an excellent job. It's convincing and believable. The chemistry between Wilber Pan and Rainie Yang added more flavour to the simple love-hate storyline.

I don't think anyone would not notice Dean, who protrayed as Jia Si Le, given his good look. Some said he could not speak accurate Mandarin because he's of mixed parentage (Japanese and .....not sure what other blood(s) running in him). His performance in this drama is less outstanding against Wilber Pan's. Nevertheless, it did keep the character alive.

No, I don't have a clue what the ending is and I am eager to find out. If you can't wait for 8TV to air the last episode, Youtube is the solution ;) Anyway, to those who are curious, you may check out this short video of Miss No Good and you decide to follow this drama or otherwise. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Doreen said...

I LOVE THIS DRAMA! Although Rainie was a bit over the top but still love it. Really funny drama.

Anonymous said...

i don't really watch taiwanese drama. in fact i have never seen one. but a friend has told me long ago that there was a taiwanese suspense drama which is worth watching but i have forgotten. it's about a twin and one of them committed suicide... something like that.

the most i watch japanese drama but still i don't have the patience to finish watching them!

Petite Lass said...

Doreen - Haha. Yeah, very entertaining.

renaye - Ah, I know a taiwanese drama about one of the twin being murdered (instead of committed suicide) but that girl did not die. A long suspense drama. My mom was following it and I took a peek every now and then LOL
Ooo yeah, I like Japanese dramas too. More meaningful than Korean. But Japanese dramas are usually rather short! Hehe

said...

quite romantic story. cheer up my weekend after work. you have finished watching?

Petite Lass said...

白 - Yeah, finished! I like it very much. I was really moved by this drama. Romantic, indeed ;)