Sunday, February 15, 2009

Amara @ Singapore

While going through my saved drafts, I realised I did make way for a post on my one day trip to Singapore. So here it is, I am going to talk about it very briefly. Not much to say, really. I was there only for a night. Wished I could stay so that I would spend my weekend with my sister (because she would be there for business trip). It's been a while since we really had a vacation together - last August, I believe.

Arrangement was made for my colleague and I to stay at Amara Singapore as it's near our office. Great place. The room was just perfect. There were two single beds. So, I could not figure out what to do with the other. In the end, hopped onto it with my laptop to read some documents and then retired to the other when I needed to sleep.

This is the one on which I read my documents.The bathroom is rather spacious by Singapore's standard. I kind of like the shower room although it's a little small.

After a warm shower, I called for room service. Thinking that I was starving, I could do with a starter, I ordered Trio mushroom cappucino soup with stuffed mushroom. I don't usually order soup or ny kind of starter as main course alone is sufficient. I also wanted something to keep me warm. So, I decided to break my usual habit. Got myself a soup and Club Sandwich. I was actually torn in between Japanese food and Western, which I later settled on Western.

My dinner!
It looks more like a Cappucino than soup. To my surprise, the soup tasted good. My tongue could not detect the aroma of cappucino. Perhaps, the taste of mushrooms outdid the cappucino or the presence of cappucino is too little to catch any attention. Unfortunately, there's only one stuffed mushroom. I enjoyed it. Simply delicious. Yum. Here comes the main course - Club Sandwich with chicken and bacon, topped with a fried egg. Didn't expect the latter. The chicken was well-cooked and the chef used chicken thigh to ensure the texture is fine and tender.

Closer look of the sandwich. Not very healthy, though. It's quite oily.
Nay, I wrote a post card and intended to post to you. Alas, it's still in my bag! My apologies. Hope you don't mind if I it reaches you few months later.
Well, my little story about my Singapore trip ends here. Didn't I tell you there's nothing really to talk about? I didn't bore you, did I? =p

1 comment:

Doreen said...

I have stayed there before too. Really love the room, very clean, tidy and tastefully decorated.