Friday, March 27, 2009

Souvenir from Traditional Malay Wedding

I should have blogged about it last week. It's my colleague's wedding and this is the first time I attended a Malay wedding. I find that it's very similar to Indian's wedding. Friends and family gathered in a place to have lunch while sending best wishes to the pair of newly weds. The couple would sit facing the guests for photo shoots and to receive blessings. I understand that it's a day long event. The couple would be there until all the guests leave.

While I was about to leave, my colleague's mother (the groom's) gave my colleagues and I a souvenir to thank us for coming. Rather sweet, huh?


2 comments:

Doreen said...

I haven't been to any Malays or Indian wedding :( Hope one day can attend one.

Petite Lass said...

Doreen - You have to be in Malaysia to attend one hehe as most Westerner's wedding will be in church. Mmm...wedding at a garden seems interesting too. Recalled there's a beautiful huge garden outside a castle in Copenhagen that makes a great venue for wedding.