Monday, April 13, 2009

Breaking the news

Today is THE day! We have been waiting impatiently to be handed THE envelope. Though we are mentally prepared that there may be very little or no increment or bonus at all, it's hard not to fantasize given the current situation.

When it was my turn to enter the room where my boss handed me THE envelope, my mind was blank. I didn't have a specific figure in my mind nor did I imagine what would be the content of the letter.

I was given the privillege to open the envelope in front of my boss. I don't know what's with me but I did not feel anything after reading through it. Maybe I was slow in response =p Only after being asked if I am happy with it that I started to think.

Honestly, it's good enough considering the poor economic situation globally.

4 comments:

Doreen said...

Sounds like a good news to me. Congrats!

sdovelly said...

Should be grateful to get bonus/incentive at this point of time...

renaye said...

good for u. i got retrenched. T_T

Petite Lass said...

Doreen - Thanks!

sdovelly - Yes, I am :)

renaye - I am sorry to hear that. Anyway, I believe with your capability, you are able to find a job that makes your working experience more delightful.