Sunday, May 17, 2009

Greetings from Tanjong Pagar, Singapore

It's been a wonderful day of non-stop walking and talking. Thanks Mandy, for bringing me around Singapore from 12.30PM through 6.30PM! Why do I even need someone to bring me around Singapore, one may ask but it's more fun to have someone with you, don't you agree?

Just landed at the Lion City about 10.45AM. Reached hotel about 11.30AM and dashed off to meet Mandy at Bugis Street at about 11.50AM. What a day to start off. It was great, I must say. I finally tried Mos Burger (I know, no big deal eh but it's to me. Hehe. How easy to be pleased) and it's a new product - Rice Burger with scallop. I am staying at Amara, Tanjong Pagar. Lovely place. My room is facing a good view ;) Lucky me.

After having lunch and exchanging updates with Mandy, we headed off to Suntec City. It's a very happening place. Sales is every where but I am not that interested. How unfortunate that the fountain at Suntec City was not operating when we reached there.

We then headed to Merlion which is a stone's throw away from Suntec City. There were lots of tourists and they were all trying to photograph with Singapore's landmark. I merely took photos of the scenery with my modest phone camera. I didn't bring my digital camera this time. Wanted to save the hassle of carrying another gadget. As a result, my phone camera's memory was full =_=" Time to add memory!

Next, we indulged ourselves into art and culture at Esplanade. I am impressed how the Lion City promotes arts, music and culture. So, Singaporeans are cultural lots(?) We enjoyed a free performance at Esplanade from Alarice Thio. Not only she's pretty and humorous, she is a songbird! I love her voice. This talented lady plays the guitar and compose songs in her EP. Perhaps those who are in Singapore, Australia and New Zealand might know her as her childhood roots spreaded across these Asia Pacific countries. Check a sample of her self-composed song here and her demos here. More news about her can be found this website. I am totally hooked up with her songs now. It's simply enticing to listen to her songs while dining (alone right now, to be precise). I even became her fan at Facebook. Yeah, I know I sound like a freak. Hehe.....Perhaps you would react the same if you heard her songs.

I like Esplanade a lot. I am so tempted to come to Singapore in June again when my sister would be there for training. There will be a lot of performances at Esplanade then. What should I do? Mmm....

Ok, I need to focus on my presentation. It's on this coming Tuesday and the thought of presenting to a group of managers (about 14 of them) did make me sweat. Phew....Wish me luck.

Ciao...

P/S: Pictures later, okies. My personal laptop just certified by my sis as dead. Boohoo...I still have some photos which I have not uploaded to my little space here =(

5 comments:

narrowband said...

We were really close to bumping into each other!! I had wanted to go to Esplanade to check out Angel on Saturday. I was very free that evening. But something else came up so I didn't go. Wish I was there :( Free entrance summore: (

Doreen said...

I stayed at Amara too last time I went there for my wedding photoshoot. Easier since Tanjong Pagar is the centre of bridal boutiques. Hahaha. Amara is such a lovely and clean place I must say. And I miss the food from one of the stalls in the food market opposite the hotel.

Good luck to your presentation. Don't sweat, you will do just fine.

Cher said...

Don't forget to have some pork ribs. Either Kenny roger or Tonny Roma's

Petite Lass said...

narrowband - Really? Haha. There are more performances in June and most of them are foreign performances. You should go. As for me, it's just the timing issue. I will be in Singapore more often for the next couple of months but not in June! =(

Doreen - Ah, yeah you mentioned before but you didn't say it was for your wedding shooting! Hehe..I begin to like this place a lot.

Cher - Aiks, you know what. After I filled my tummy with Mos Burger and frozen strawberries, I only discovered there were 2 Kenny Rogers nearby. One at Suntec and another near Esplanade! Then there's Tony Roma's! Too bad, I only have 1 tummy.

said...

thumbs up for Alarice