Sunday, June 28, 2009

Egg Tofu, Sanur's Specialty

In my recent trip to Singapore, my colleague and I decided to try Indonesian cuisine. The menu had so may choices which indeed tempted us to order almost more than we could finish. Anyway, we are down-to-earth lots and we(painfully) chose four.

Among the four, egg tofu was the one that attracted our attention the most. It's also Sanur's (the name of the restaurant) specialty. Alas, it didn't turn out as great as we anticipated. I initially thought the portion would be like the other dishes, regular - not too generous. Boy, was I wrong. It looked like a volcano! LOL.


The part which looked darker than the others were dripped with a special sauce. I personally find it too sweet and it winded down my appetite. Had we never ordered rice, I could perhaps take another serving of the huge volcano. Hehe. As the name suggested, the dish was made up of eggs and tofu. The outer layer was fluffy and crunchy, while on the inner, there's a mixture of tofu and eggs. The texture of the eggs was similar to steam eggs. It's slightly disappointing because it wasn't as tasty as I thought it would.

Nevertheless, we enjoyed our meal very much. Lesson learnt, no more egg tofu in the next visit although I am a huge fan of tofu, if there's next time ;)

No comments: