Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chilling Out In My Room

I decided to be good - stay in the room and do laundry. I woke up to an envelope of serenity this morning at 10.30AM Bangkok local time. Gee, 2 nights of staying up late is taking a toll on me. I went out with my colleagues on Friday night and stayed on at Khao San till about 12AM++. Initially, I had second thoughts about joining as I was tired and I am not a drinking person. Later, the little voice in myself said "Come on, it's good time to network with people. You can't be an otaku forever, eh?" So, there I was, strolling along the happening streets with Khao San. By the time I was back in the hotel, my eyes could barely open.

The excitement of having a city tour with Nay awaited me the next morning.
It was very sweet of Nay to brought me around yesterday despite the hot weather! We were practically "well-done" under the extreme heat emit by the mighty sun. We went to temples, pagoda, a boat ride and a visit to a shopping place (Gee, pardon me for my forgetfulness. I could not recall that place. It reminded me of night markets in Taiwan).

It was funny that both Nay and I are afraid of height and we had to climb up the stairs to the pagoda. We looked like little kids, trying to climb up tall places. Well, we were not alone. A number of tourists were uttering the same fear as they moved up =D

After that, I joined her friends for a bowling session at Siam Paragon (Nay's friends were having a farewell gathering for her). It wasn't my night, I suppose. The score was not that impressive. Later, we went to a bar and we stayed on till about more than 1AM. By the time I got to bed, it was about 2AM.

As for the pictures, I shall only upload them when I go back to home sweet home. All right, got to get moving. Having dinner with my colleague in 5 minutes.

3 comments:

Ming_Elspeth said...

Hmm... Did u drink on that night? I can imagine when the alcohol blush your face. =)

Ahhh, I like Thai food a lot!!
How lucky you can taste ‘em with a local tours you around.

Enjoy your trip there!!

Doreen said...

Looks like you had a busy and happenning weekend. Having a couple of wild nights once in a while is really good.

Petite Lass said...

Ming - Nope, I don't drink. Ordered juices only. Actually, I am a little afraid of Thai food already. Felt that on my first week already!

Doreen - Yeah, happening! It wasn't wild at all. I was so "cool" haha. Just sat there like a piece of wood, not drinking at all :D