Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Night

It's THE night I am waiting for. Dinner with my lovely colleagues. It's my last dinner with them prior to flying off. As expected, the night was filled with jokes, laughter, cam whoring, and of course good food. Perfect!

When the time comes for speech giving, I was dumbfounded. Giving speech is never my strength. Worse if I am doing it in front of a camera. I only managed to utter a few words. Well, here is my actual "speech":

First of all, thank you very much for throwing me a farewell dinner! I had a great time. Although I appeared stoned, demure, and quiet, I was listening to every single word spoken and enjoying every second of it.I will truly miss each and everyone of you. I might find lunch companions there but they would never be the same as all of you. You are irreplaceable!

I am blessed and glad that our paths crossed. Otherwise, I would have missed such wonderful group of people. That would be shameful. Thank you for allowing me be part of the GLAMOROUS Lunch Club.Lunch time is the perkiest moment of the day.Short yet sweet. I appreciate the friendship and the bond that had grown between us. Genuine and precious. It would not have been that fun without you all.

Don't worry, I will take care of myself. Time to learn the meaning of independence, I suppose.

Michelle, I am sure I will be thinking of you each day I go to work. No more free rides and companion throughout the journey to work.

Ming & Yan, I seriously will miss your jokes! No other joke-tellers could do better than you :)

Cher, eat more! Hope to see you put on a little more weight next time. Prepare some recipes for the next potluck eh. Slurpppp.

Sheng & Chan, I actually enjoy the comments you wrote on Facebook. Keep them flowing. Aw,....I thought I could proudly tell my friends that "Jacky Cheung" can always be seen in my office and ask if they would like autograph. Guess that have to wait ;)

Lai, we shall consider to have you as camera man in our next outing so that Ming could retire =p Ming, you don't mind, do you? Hahahaha.Just kidding.

Till we meet again, I shall learn to cook a few more dishes for our next potluck! =)

5 comments:

sdovelly said...

Sooooo sweet!! Wishing you all the best for your future endeavour and remember to take good care of yourself. I will keep checking on your site for more updates! :)

Ming_Elspeth said...

Shen shen, i will definitely miss you when you are away. Will tell u more jokes when u come back. ;)

And yes, i don't mind to retire as i want to be in the pics too =P

Waiting for your good food when u return. =)

Anonymous said...

time to grow... byebye.. till we meet again...- boboi.iobob

Petite Lass said...

sdovelly - Thanks for the best wish and thanks for reading my blog continously.

Ming - Haha...if you don't be the camera person, you will be in the photos more! You can tell me jokes through IM ;) hehehe

Boboi - Yeah, till we meet again. Bet we'll grow together at different places. Ganbatte ;)

Anonymous said...

A really good speech Lai Shen :D

Lai Mun