Monday, August 10, 2009

BBQ at windy rooftop

It's not my first rooftop BBQ but definitely the best! Thanks Pat for inviting me over =) Had a great time enjoying the food, the wind and the view from the rooftop. It's indeed a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

After filling our tummies with sausages, chicken, pork, salad and egg custard, we played cards (Big Deuce, Big Two, Thirteen, what ever you called it - the Chinese called it "Cho Dai Di"). I am a total fool when comes to playing games. My friends had taught me before but it just doesn't get recorded in my mind. I was so slow in getting the right (actually not right at all!) cards out =_=""

We also played the new mini version of Monopoly. Again, I was slow in counting how much $$$ I had earned. I was totally amazed how fast my friends could do the math. Gee,.I need a brain repair. Send me to Kronos Heaven for repair!LOL

Next, Pat's two Hongkie friends taught us another card game. It is very much like "Snap" but the rule is slightly different. There're 3 stages : Beginner, Intermediate and Advance! Haha. Basically as we disclosed the cards (by turn) while piling them before us, we need to call out numbers in sequence (1, 2, 3, 4, continues). If the card happens to show the number the person calls out, everyone must place his/her hand on top of the pile of cards before us. The last person who places the hand on top of the cards shall have to take all the cards in that pile. The games continue. The person who has the most cards in the end is the loser.

Intermediate level : the basic same rules apply. However, instead of responding to the number being called, we only need to respond if the card reflects 1 number before or after the number being called out. For example, I called out 4, we need to "snap" the card if the card shows 3 or 5. As for the Advance level, we snap if the card reflects 2 number before or after the number being called out. Suppose you get the picture already. Again, I was slow in response. Gee, I am really bad with games!

Anyway, I enjoyed myself very much =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..that sounds so nice! BBQ at the rooftop *dreamy look*..
Any way we could try it in KL?...without the bright,burning sun glaring at us, of course!

=Lai Yee=