Thursday, August 13, 2009

Christianhavn

During my last visit to Copenhagen, I read about Christianhavn. It seemed to be an interesting place. I finally got to see the town yesterday. The entire team went for dinner at Christiana. Since some of us are new to Denmark, a colleague showed us around.

Christianhavn is said to be a town without laws and is a place where you can get drugs cheap. True enough, as were about to enter the "land without law", we saw a sign on our left saying "You are now entering the EU". The "land without law" was on our right and no photography was allowed in that "land". Interesting.

The "land without law" had a lot of visitors last night. There were performances, BBQ, games booth and stalls selling ladies accessories, clothings and art pieces. Although Denmark is a peaceful country in general, I didn't feel quite safe in that area. Luckily, we went there in a large group. I was glad that I didn't go there by myself, which I had such a thought a while ago.

Once we had walked around the small "land without law", we headed towards the restaurant which were supposed to have dinner. It's strange that how one could feel the different atmosphere of the "land without law" and the rest of the town although they do share the same sky.

The food during dinner was all right. It wasn't that great, though. There wasn't many options in the menu - only one dish per type of meat : fish, lamb, duck, beef, deer. Can you believe there's no chicken or pork?! *Shrug*

After dinner, it was about 10.30pm. I took the Metro train to Norreport and from there, I didn't know which bus to take to Esplanaden. So, I asked around - walking from one bus station to another. Alas, no one knew! Exasperated, I went back into the Metro station and took an S-train to Osterport station and walked to Esplanaden. The darkness was indeed intimidating as I walked along the pathway between the park and the bicycle lane. I couldn't help but quicken my footsteps although I know it's rather safe to walk in the dark here. By the time I reached hotel, it was slightly later than 11pm I suppose.

I fell into the bed immediately after shower and almost forgotten to brush my teeth! How sleepy I was! Hahaha.

It's delighting to know Friday is coming and soon, weekend is approaching! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becareful there. If you happened to go to any new places, ask for they way back first once you arrived.

Hmm..about "the land of no law", would you recommend us to go when I visit u there? It is something like the night market place we went in Taiwan at Hualien?? The description u gave seems to be that...hehe

=Lai Yee=

said...

photos prohibited?! hmm.. will pay a visit then .......1 day