Friday, August 28, 2009

Hong Guo "Chao Pai Mian" @ Bugis Junction

This is an outdated post. I was lazy to transfer the pictures from my mobile phone to the laptop. Oh well, I decided to blog about it on a fine Friday night =)
While I was taking a stroll at Bugis Junction last Sunday afternoon, I decided to have brunch before continuing my shopping spree.

I found a quaint restaurant which sold noodle and rice and it was screaming "Come in" to me. Irresistable, I set my foot into Hong Guo. Its interior design was creative and interesting. I was studying it after being seated.


Indecisive I am, I finally settled for Hong Guo's specialty - Chao Pai Mian. It came in a huge bowl with thick rice noodle (Beehoon), fresh fish slices, ham, fried pork fillet, dried prawns, preserved vegetables, mushrooms and spring onions, all of which were mixed with the noodle and soup in front of me (the waitress offered to mix them for you or your could DIY). The soup looked interesting and if it was not for the generous sprinkle of pepper, the soup was just right. Alas, the taste of the pepper was overwhelming.

1 comment:

Doreen said...

very traditional chinese style restaurant.