Saturday, November 14, 2009

A sunny morning

I was expecting another rainy morning. Glad that I was wrong. Mr. Sun showed up today! Yay...The ground was still damp with the rain drops from last night and the chill was still lingering in the air but it wasn't as cold as the day before. A good start for a Saturday morning!
I ought to give myself a pat on the shoulder for staying to my plan - got myself out of the house to do some shopping. While I was walking to the train station, I stopped by the neighbourhood to take some photos. This is actually the first time I stopped to look around and snapped some photos. I should do this more often before I forget. As you can see from the pictures, the trees are "balding".

The leaves are actually red in colour and that's exactly what I was trying to capture. Beautiful, aren't they? The park near my neighbourhood. There's a lake right at the middle. I haven't explored it, what a shame. I planned to do that tomorrow morning ;)Mr. Sun, here you are! No more hide and seek games, ok? Mmm..I was trying to adjust the flash but the camera wasn't responding. In fact, I had already used the backlight mode so that the picture will not be dark. No luck =(

It's embarassing that I always head towards the opposite direction which I was supposed to go when I take the train @_@
I made it to the shopping mall (Fields - www.fields.dk) successfully but when I was getting home, I took the train from the opposite direction =.="" To my defence, I was reasoning that I should not be taking the train from the same platform that I hopped off earlier. It should be the track of the opposite direction from where I came. Boy, how wrong I was.

The train DID go to the correct direction initially. I happily smiled to myself that I finally got it right! Little did I know that when the train stopped at the central station, it would go back to the direction the train came from and head to another part of Denmark - away from the Copenhagen town! When the train stopped at the central station, my instinct told me that I need to hop off but I brushed it aside thinking that the train was actually moving the right direction. However, when the train started to move again, I notice it took a different direction. Startled, I asked the train personnel and she said the train was heading to Jetland! Where on earth is that place?? I quickly hopped off on the next stop and that was quite far away. Phew........

While waiting for the train back home, an old man suddenly came to me and started to talk Danish. I showed him an apologetic face and politely told him I didn't understand Danish. He spoke some English and gave a pat on my shoulder. I think he was drunk (or he wasn't on his right mind). He was talking to every single person in the station and started to smoke! It was a non-smoking area. Brrr....I hurrily walked out to the outdoor platform for some fresh air. Perhaps God took pity on us, it wasn't that cold outside.

My arms were aching from the heavy groceries I bought today. They were all heavy things and the nearest bus stop which the bus I needed to take to go home was about 12 minutes walk. It may not be that far but with the weight, it seemed farther.

Apart from groceries, managed to get 2 cardigans for 120DKK (60DKK per piece)! That's quite cheap compared to others that I saw (usually about 100-120DKK per piece). I intended to get a coat too but the price turned me off. Maybe that's not costly at all, just that I never needed to buy a coat and hence not knowing how much does it usually cost.

Dinner! I have been cooking the same thing for the past 4 weeks I am in Copenhagen (whenever I really cooked). I bought rice grain today and probably will be cooking chicken rice with the chicken stock/paste Nico gave me last week, for a change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ur pasta looked very Oriental...hehehe =P

=Ur Sis=

Doreen said...

Emm....the sun seems weak, it still looks a bit gloomy. Hope there will be more sunny days in the week ahead.

sdovelly said...

Hahaha....didn't know that my new post are actually opposite of what you wish for! More sun for you but more rain for me :p