Saturday, November 28, 2009

Weekend Getaway

I cannot recall when was the last time I head to the airport to send off some one. That was exactly what I did this morning. A friend who is also my colleague was flying back to Malaysia after expatriated to Copenhagen for 2 years. No doubt that she will be dearly missed by all of us here. Apart from her cheerful and contagious laughter, what every one of us will miss is her cooking. She had always been generous in sharing good food (cooked by herself) with all of us. Hope you had a pleasant flight, Pat! See you next year back home ;)

After sending Pat off, I went for Dim Sum in a Chinese restaurant with two other friends. Perhaps I was being demanding, the food wasn't exactly great but I did enjoy the good company. Once our tummies were filled, we went to a grocery wholesaler. It was so tempting. I wanted to get the cheese, frozen seafood (which were of good quality) and some snacks but thought shall do that next time. I was carrying a pillow with me for almost a day - Pat gave it to me before leaving.

For the past 1 week, I had been eating out and it surprised me that the amount of money spent in each restaurant was worthwhile (by Danish standard, of course). It was actually cheaper than Danish cuisine and every meal was very enjoyable. Food was good and not to mention the company I had. Tonight, I decided to cook as I was trying to clear everything that I bought a week or 2 weeks ago. Thanks to Bronte, I managed to accomplish the mission! She was my guinea pig. Not that it was my first attempt to cook but I must admit that I had not cooked for someone in ages. Most of the time, I cooked for myself. So, quality control wasn't very much emphasised =p Luckily, it didn't turn out bad after all ;)

I am looking forward to tomorrow, for another enjoyable day with great company. Alas, Monday is awaiting the very next moment. Wish weekends can be longer. Oh well, maybe if I am a vampire, I will have or at least feel that there's more time as vampires don't need to sleep! Er,...did the New Moon fever crept into me ~.~"""

No comments: