Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Living the fairy tale in Universal Studio Singapore

My sister had been raving about going to Universal Studio but she didn't want to go there alone. Fortunately, I was there to save her day.

Or that was what I would like to believe :p

I know I should have continued with the Spain trip entries but since it was already long overdue, another wait does no harm ;)

What really caused my sister to rave about going to Universal Studio again was the new Transformers 4D Ride. Her friend told her it was spectacular and delighting.

Glad to testify that the claim was true. The queue to get a ride was tremendously long and the waiting time was 1.5 hours!!

Fortunately, we had the Universal Express pass, which came along with the Universal Bundle Package - buy a pair of entry ticket to the Universal Studio Singapore at SGD75 (normal entry fare is SGD74) per person and you will be rewarded with the Express pass, SGD10 voucher for meals and merchandise purchases respectively, and an RWS Invite membership card. The latter offers you benefits and privileges for a year, such as free parking. I am not entirely sure how long this promotion lasts. We just happened to know while queuing to purchase our entry passes.

The Transformers 4D Ride is located in the Sci City zone. You couldn't possibly miss it because many people flock the entrance and you will be greeted by Bumblebee!
 

 
If you are an avid fan of Transformers or an action flick lover, this ride is highly recommended. In terms of audio, visual and sensation, it is blended perfectly into an entertaining ride.

Next in the must-try list is a show in the WaterWorld. I didn't film the show as I was too engrossed in it. The show was performed live by a group of stuntmen and stuntwoman, I believe. It was like watching an action film live, just few hundred metres before my eyes, with real explosions and flames sparked right on the "stage". I shall not disclose too much as I don't want to spoil the fun. Another fortunate event of the day - we managed to catch the last show for the day (5.30pm session).

Interesting as it may sound, one thing to note, though. It is certainly not suitable for young kids as it contains violence elements and the sound of explosions could very much startle and frighten the little ones.

About to enter the "Far Far Away" Castle.......

 
The other 4D experience offered is a short story of Shrek. Compared to Transformers, it is certainly not as spectacular but the effort worth some audience.
Although I am not a huge fan of Rock music, I was very much entertained by the performance put up by the crew of Monster Rock. The performers were very skillful in injecting some humour in between dances and singing.

As I entered into the "theatre", its interior design reminded me exactly of the musical theatre I had been in London.
It is a shame that the audio effect at the beginning of the performance was a little flawed. Especially when the performers started to sing. The flow of vocal was slightly choppy and broken. Or at least it appeared so. Nevertheless, from mid-way till the end of the performance, it got better and that mattered.





To those thriller seekers, there are roller coaster rides up for challenge. To the faint-hearted ones like myself, do not be disheartened or shameful. There are many performances worth watching. Otherwise, put up your most gleeful, sexy, and mischievous look for photography sessions with movie and cartoon characters you come across.
It was tiring to try to get a non-blurring shot of Kungfu Panda. He is one cheeky and perky fella, who just couldn't stop moving around. Hence, contributing to slightly blurry pictures.
All right, this is better.

No comments: