Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Friday!

The alarm clock was screaming "Grrrrrriiiiiinnnnnnnng". I dragged myself up to silent the alarm clock and dropped back onto my bed to catch a little more sleep. Well, only 10 minutes more but that was a good bargain!

I left early from the Karaoke session last night but I felt as sleepy as those who left later. It was an enjoying night. We do have lots of talents around. Singing from the range of ballads to hard rocks (for example, songs by Linkin Park - er...not a fan of this group though), everyone was so high! But I seriously think that the MTVs for most songs should be changed. Imagine having a sexy lady in bikini, rolling on the sandy beach (ahem, seductively) in the MTV for Linkin Park's song. Sounds weird, eh? Wonder what happened to the original MTVs which we could see on TV. Anyway, the MTVs did create some jokes among our colleagues. We were teasing the male colleagues and they reacted shyly. How cute!

Yesterday was my company's 80th Anniversary (Wow!) and was greeted by balloons when I entered into the reception before proceeding to my place. Everyone was busy decorating their places with balloons. We were each given a mug printed with company logo and we had ice-creams in the afternoon for celebration.

I am so glad that it's Friday! It's been a busy week. I haven't really packed yet for my Bangkok trip. Shall have more extensive packing tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for dropping by. I like your writing too!

said...

share the same sentimental. the karaok session i had in japan, the mtvs also having the bikini ladies posing against complete different tempo music. it was of course one of the favourite teasing topic of my american friends there.

Speaking on the balloon-filled day, dunno whether anyone see this stark scene ( i was the witness undoubtly):
i was starring at the monitor, suddenly saw a quick shadow far in front rushing from left of the office to the printer island near booking department. thought some urgent case early morning that need evidence to be printed out. the next thing is, one high-floated balloon being pulled down and dragged from the printer island back to the last seat located same column with my desk. At a rattling space, IM the fellow " Lai, may i have one too?" :-P

Petite Lass said...

Hahaha.

You know, I also had a "weird" encounter. It was in the afternoon when I suddenly caught something hanging in the air right next to my monitor. I was busy staring at the monitor and that really scared me. My heart skipped a beat. What was that?? I looked further a little from my monitor. A balloon which had lost some air, sank downwards. Phew.....