Monday, July 7, 2008

Reunion 28th June 2008

The call for a reunion had finally come. Although there were only the 4 of us, I still felt a sheer of excitement thinking of meeting up with old friends. Anyway, a day before the gathering, I found out that another former schoolmate would be joining us. I had not seen her for a very long time and was not that closed to her either.


Nevertheless, it turned out that she was very friendly and warm in greeting us when my sis and I arrived at Mid Valley after travelling by KTM for an hour (including changing to another train at KL Sentral). While we were heading to Little Vietname, the meet-up place, my friend messaged me to inform me that there were 5 other unexpected guests joining us for lunch. That made a total of 10 person from the initial number of 4! How happening and how unexpected.

I was taken aback to see a former classmate transformed into a pretty lass. She had lost quite a lot of weight too. Graduated from Computer Science, she worked with digital imaging. Ah, one of the toughest subjects I would say, speaking from experience. Perhaps, that explained her weight loss.


After having lunch, we chatted a while before paying the bill and heading to the exhibition hall. There was a promotion of a new drink by Yeo's - an isotonic green tea drink. Mmm...it wasn't very appealing to me. A miniature basket ball field was set up to attract passer-bys to stop at their booths. If you manage to score a goal, a notepad would be rewarded. Otherwise, a can of isotonic green tea would be rewarded. I got the latter. It's still in the refrigerator. Didn't dare to drink it =p


Next, we went to World of Feng Shui. It was on that day that I knew the shop was owned by Feng Shui master, Lilian Too. She doesn't look like a typical Chinese lady like what I had imagined. Uninterested, we left after having a short tour around the shop.


A friend then suggested to go for a "Yam Cha" session. Alas, another friend wanted to do some window shopping. So, we came to an agreement to split to 2 different groups but we would then see each other for "Yam Cha" later.


I followed my friend to MNG (a shopping heaven to most girls but I beg to be different. I am not into it at all). The boutique was crowded with lots of ladies, as usual. Knowing no chance of beating the crowd, my friend suggested to leave. We walked for another few minutes before heading to The Gardens. The latter was quieter and less crowded. Thereby, it's more cooling.


After confirming the location of the other group of friends, we met up with them at Gurney Drive. Yeah, we have a Gurney Drive in The Gardens. It's a far cry to the place in Penang. Here, it's more luxurious and "classy".





As I just had my lunch not too long ago, I decided to order a desert to quench thirst (had been doing a lot of talking). A chendol costs about MYR5.50! Mm...but the portion was pretty huge - enough for 3 person. It contained a lot of read beans (kidney shaped) and we felt it's too sweet. A big no-no for diabetics.

Our conversations ranged from jokes to serious topics like commitment (ahem, yeah marriage). I already have a few friends ringing the wedding bell while most of us just started working and some have barely graduated! I didn't take the news well (reason being we are still young. At least, I feel so.Ok, maybe I am a little slow) although I am truly happy for them because they have found that someone whom they can share the rest of their lives with.

I would probably receive more invitation cards (to wedding receptions/dinners) in the next reunion ;) Oh well, we'll see.

P/S: To those who'll be brides soon, I sincerely wish you "live happily ever after with your prince charming" (just like the fairy tales) and do keep in touch!

No comments: