Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Sexy Voice

Khalil Fong is no longer a household name. After his first album Soul Boy (year 2005) and then later, This Love ( a.k.a 愛 愛 愛) in 2006, he had attracted a lot of attention from the media and made presence in numerous award ceremonies as well as concerts.

He seems to have the ability to work magic in rendering R&B and soul songs with his slightly husky voice. It somehow reminded me of Alex Too. Both have the sexy voice and the mysterious spell to make you tap your fingers to the tempo of their musics. Khalil gave me the impression he's bold, confident, eccentric, and carries a bad boy image due to the photos portrayed in his album covers. However, I was taken aback to find that he looks very different from the images formed in my mind, when I saw him appearing in a concert which he performed, he looked very decent and looked like the boy next door.

Borned in Hawaii and raised in China as well as in Hong Kong, he is gifted with the talent to compose songs apart from singing. I also heard that he's a great dancer. See the video below and make the judgement yourself ;-)


I like the song Spring Breeze (春風吹) and that's the first song I heard from him. Injected with at stint of romance, it's a catchy song that you simply would not want to miss. In his latest album, Wonderland, he had sang a remix version of this song featuring Silver. The tempo is slower and gives a totally different feel. Try to look out for it. Personally, I prefer the original version.

Other songs which have made their way to my ears and heart are Love Love Love, Sorry, Enough (够不够 - great song for dancing), 爱在 (when literally translated to English, it's Love At) and Love Song. Have yet to listen to all his songs but I suppose they are pretty much my cup of tea as I love R&B, ballads, jazz and soul songs. Oh yeah, do you notice most of his songs revolve around the word or theme "Love"? A mere coincidence? *Shrug*

picture source from
batgwa

1 comment:

Will said...

his songs are very nice indeed