Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Where Were You?

I could not feel your presence...
Where were you
When I was in hesitance
And needed you
To affirm my decisions

I heard laughter
From those who teased me
For being timid and cowardly...
Where were you
So that I can proof them wrong

I had lost count
The number of times
You had let me down
But I remain hopeful
That one day you would do me proud

But where were you?
Perhaps, I should stop being foolish
Thinking I could summon you
Just like how I could making a wish

I realise my grievous mistake
Is thinking that
You had never been there
When I needed you the most

I was wrong....
I was very wrong...

I learnt that
You had always been there
And only I didn't realise that!

You would remain silent
Until I find my way to you
It would be a long journey
Till the day I find you.....
My Courage

4 comments:

narrowband said...

:)

This is nice!

Petite Lass said...

Thanks! =D

Anonymous said...

nice piece of writing u have there!

Petite Lass said...

sdovelly - thanks! haven't really written something like that for ages. Will try to write more, now with your compliment (erm,...i mean encouragement hehe =D)