Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Confronting my weakness

Tomorrow shall be the day I challenge my weakness. Though it's not my first time, I still feel nervous at the thought of presenting and training a crowd. Fortunately, there will only be 6 audiences. Phew.

My biggest weakness is speaking my mind. I don't have a problem expressing and explaining myself in writing but not the case when comes to doing it verbally. I will stammer and my tongue somehow would not co-operate with how I want to say a word causing words to stuck in my mouth or my tongue. At times, I would be in lost of words. In my opinion, I am not a good teacher. I may know things but putting it out might be a whole different story all together.

Anyway, I believe practice makes perfect and I know the biggest challenge is myself. I need to be confident to say what is on my mind and what I know. Enough said. Time to taken action. I hope one day I could wave goodbye to myself who stammers and lack in confidence when in a crowd.

Ganbatte des!

11 comments:

Jian said...

wishing u the very best and tat ur tongue is obedient in speaking ur mind~ :) no worries, u are not alone in this.. many ppl, including myself has those tonguey issues :p

Doreen said...

Just relax and take it easy ya. All the best, you can do it!

narrowband said...

Ganbatte kudasai! I'm sure you can do it! Ps: Saw all your Copenhagen coverage - Lovely! I want to go there too :(

Petite Lass said...

Thanks jian, doreen and narrowband! =D It turned out better than I expected. The trainees were co-operative and were good learners, thereby ease my co-trainer's and my task ;) Will try to improve the next round according to the feedback gathered.

narrowband - I'm sure you will get to go there one day as your job requires quite a lot of travelling. If you get to go to Germany, hop on a flight to Copenhagen! It's very near. Someone told me I could get a train from Germany to Copenhagen too.

Anonymous said...

Yes, practice makes perfect, gal! A little late to wish you luck but I'm glad it went alright. Gambateh ne! :D

Anonymous said...

hey babe....i think i can relate to a similar experience during my first time of giving training. A word of advice, if your audience has 0 knowledge about what you're presenting, there's nothing to be afraid of. What you say is 100% correct to them. Only start to worry when you audience are knowledgeable people who knows a thing or two about the content. Still, just do more preparation and there's really nothing to be afraid of. They don't bite :).Confidence is the key here.

Petite Lass said...

missmall - thanks! Appreciate that =D

Li Wei - What you said is true and I share the same opinion. Thanks for the tip(s). I need to work on building my confidence. It seems that's one of my weaknesses.

Anonymous said...

i always feel nervous when speaking through the mic but somehow lately i don't feel as nervous as before... and have been more outspoken ...

i really hope u can overcome ur weakness!

Anonymous said...

I used to have stage fright but manage to confront it when i sang with hubby his favourite song on our wedding day! i was amazed myself too! hehe...

Petite Lass said...

renaye - Good for you, girl =D Thanks. Make that as my new year resolution hehe.

sdovelly - Aw,....how sweet. Love gave you the courage!hehe What song did the both of you sing?

Anonymous said...

月亮代表我的心 :)