Sunday, November 23, 2008

Greetings from Charlotte, NC

Woohoo....Feels great to set foot at my blog again =D I have not posted any entries lately. Lazy me. Nah, was busy with work.

After a day and half flight from KLIA, I had finally landed at Charlotte yesterday (Sunday, about 6.50AM Malaysian time and 5pm Charlotte time). It was a long and tiring flight, somewhat reminded me of my previous experience of "never ending journey" when I was trapped in a train from KL to Singapore.

Nevertheless, managed to get out from the Changi Airport (at Singapore when in transit there) to chill out. It was a Friday night and it's party night! People were all over Robertson Walk and Clarke Quay. My colleague and I went to a Cuban bar at Clarke Quay. Having almost zero knowledge about alcohols, I ordered myself a Margarita, thinking that it was some fruits blend as the drink was categorized under "Blend Pleasure" and its description mentioned the drink as a mixture of strawberries, longan and other fruits o_0 It was ok. Upon drinking the entire glass, my face felt burning hot and my heart pumped very fast. I didn't know if my face was red or not as I didn't had a mirror to check out.

Coupled with lack of sleep and the after-effect of alcohol, it's not a pleasant sensation. While having supper with my colleague and her friend, I felt lousy. My eyes were half closed and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

I feel better now though I didn't sleep entirely well. It's chilly and windy here. Glad that I woke up to a sunny day this morning =D

All right, got to run now. Shall have breakfast with my colleague shortly. Have a nice day.

5 comments:

Doreen said...

Wow, travel again? So nice, your job gets you around the world. Got any vacancy? Hehehe

Anonymous said...

that's fun. you're on a biz trip?

Petite Lass said...

Doreen - Yes, just for this project ;) Hehe, will let you know if there're any =D

josze - Yes, biz trip. Being there is fun and nice but not when going there. Ooo..too long a journey hehe.

Anonymous said...

Hiiii Lai Shen..

How's weather there? cold? haha.. cant imagine your half drunk and red face lool =0)
enjoy your stay there ya!!

See ya - Ming

Petite Lass said...

Ming - Hehe yeah. Me either. Not drunk because I wasn't speaking uncontrollably nor did I do anything stupid. Was very quiet actually and was trying to keep up with my rapid heartbeat so much so I was being asked if I was bored by the conversation we were having among the 3 people =p
Charlotte was colder than it's in Copenhagen. Mainly because it's winter =D I actually prefer Copenhagen to US. The hotel in Charlotte was lovely, nonetheless. See you on Monday