Friday, November 7, 2008

Dinner at Fig & Olive

It's been a while since my colleagues and I had a massive group dinner. Glad that I was invited to join my former team mates yesterday at Fig & Olive, Sunway Pyramid. Boy, was I loud. I felt myself chattering away and laughed loudly like I have never talked and laughed before. Perhaps, I have not really talked and joked with them for a long time. We also camwhored at the balcony (it so happened the restaurant is located next to the balcony overlooking the beautiful scenery of Sunway Lagoon) and had a couple of group shots.

I find it amazing that how I could be myself with them. Sometimes, you just clicked with some people. I realised how much I missed their jokes and warmth. Thanks guys for making my day amidst the buzzing Friday.

Enough of the emo, let's talk about the food. On a personal note, the food fair slightly above average. I enjoyed the BBQ Chicken Pasta I ordered. The pasta (spaghetti) was well cooked - not overly cooked nor undercooked, exactly the way I like ;p Coming to the chicken, the chef opted chicken thigh (a.k.a. drumstick but without the bone) instead of chicken breast to go along with BBQ sauce. Brilliant choice and I must compliment him for not overcooking the chicken. It's still tender. Good job.

Unfortunately, Ming's steak did not share the same credit. It's overcooked and it's as elastic (or should I say hard) as rubber. LOL. No luck, Ming. But hey, you had 2 potatoes eh? LOL.

The Dory Pasta should be given credit as well. I like the salad which was served with the Pasta. Thanks Cher for having me to take all your salad ;p It's a good news that you didn't like the sour taste of the salad dressing. Hehe. Evil me.

Yan ordered Chicken Mushroom Pasta. Creamy and relatively large in portion, the mushroom sauce was smooth but it would be better if the chef could be more generous with the sauce. The chicken which went with the pasta tasted good as well. If not mistaken, the shredded chicken meat was grilled before it's tossed into the creamy mushroom sauce. Lovely.

All of us went for the set meal (it comes with a drink, soup of the day and fruits) as it's more economic. I almost ordered the seafood pasta as it looked simply irresistable and delicious, oblivious about which were offered as set meal and which otherwise. You would be surprise that a seafood pasta costs MYR65.50! As for the set meal, I was told it costs about MYR40 - MYR45 after the extra charges (tax and service charge).

Photos shall follow after retrieving them from my colleagues.

Have a great weekend ahead! =D

*******************************************************************
Updated : As promised, here are the photos, courtesy from Ming.
Soup of the Day
Ming's steak. Looks yummy but deceiving hehehe.

Chicken Mushroom Pasta This is the BBQ Chicken Pasta I ordered =D Dory Fillet Pasta

Group photo. Sweet =D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi shen shen.. finally saw your post with @ Fig & Olive... ahaha.. the pics looks nice right.. =0P
precious memory.. let's have another dinner outing again ya.

from: Ming

Petite Lass said...

You also starting to call me so affectionately..hehe.
I actually posted it some time ago but recently updated with photos only. Yeah, we must have another dinner outing ;-)
Ah, waiting for me to say this: Because it's your camera and you are the photographer, of course the pics look nice =D