Thursday, August 6, 2009

Who's that?

My phone suddenly rang this morning. I thought my alarm went off and it's time to get up. It's about 5.20AM. The caller ID on the screen displayed a number from Malaysia. I took the call anyway. It's from the relocation company in Malaysia. I am impressed how efficient they were. The relocation agent in London just spoke to me the afternoon before today and I got a call when Malaysia started to work!

After finding out I was actually in Copenhagen, she apologised profusely. I told her it was all right. It's not too early anyway. I was awake usually at that time but would laze around till about 6.30AM or 6.45AM before getting up.

During lunch, the cafeteria served rice and a stew that I thought consist of kidney beans with curry, turned out to be wolf berries. It's rather sweet and the combination of sweetness, sourness and spiciness wasn't that appealing, really. It's the oddest thing I ever tasted. Fortunately, the yellow curry chicken came to the rescue. It wasn't spicy at all to Malaysian standard but it fared far better than the wolf berries stew. I am shuddering at the thought of the stew :S

Dinner was great. Thanks to Pat for bringing to the Vietnamese restaurant. To my surprise, the restaurant is operated by a Chinese family who speaks Cantonese. I suddenly felt at home. They speak the same language as I do! It's during the dinner that I found out I should not attempt wrapping spring rolls. LOL. I failed terribly. Anyway, the food is now safely in my tummy.

*Yawn* My eyes are getting heavy. Time for bed. Night.

5 comments:

renaye said...

copenhagen? i also want to go!!! sometimes i wonder what kind of job i should get to be able to travel.

pls collect ur award from my blog.

Petite Lass said...

renaye - Hehe, you will find that job one day. Thanks for the award =)

said...

your mobile line still work? text you on the day you fly off, but received failure notification a day after. heard from friend, vege is very rare there, is it true?

Petite Lass said...

白 - Yeah, it's working after a couple of days. Thanks for the message (although I didn't get to see it!) =D Nah, not really. I can see greens in a lot of places. Most of the time, I will go to the salad bar if the hot dishes (not many choices anyway, max 3) in the cafeteria are not that great.

Anonymous said...

At least they serve curry chicken in the cafeteria! It would give u some "home feel"..hehe. Do u need us to pack some curry powder / belacan for u?? ;-)

=Lai Yee=