Sunday, November 8, 2009

My New Home!

I have finally found a place and moved in yesterday! Luckily it is at the 1st floor. So, saved me some energy to carry my things up to the apartment. Not that I have lots of things but the luggage was indeed heavy.

Saturday was kicked off with a cleaning spree. Though it was occupied by a girl previously, the house appeared rather dusty. I lost count how many times I mopped the floor! Fortunately, Danish apartments are not large (anyway, just need to pay more if you want a larger apartment but it's seriously expensive). I got rid of the carpets in the living room and in the dining room too. They left fuzzy fibres all over the place and all dust were swept under the carpet! They are heavy and dirty. Ewww....that's not tolerable. So, I told landlord to take away them since I had nicely kept it aside.

I am pretty happy with the place. The location is good and I love the living room. Well, let's take a tour to my house. I skipped the washroom as I had the mop, pails and things in it after the cleaning spree yesterday. It's rather huge by Danish standard and after looking at my colleague's washroom. I am lucky indeed as I am rather particular with washrooms.

The Living room.
Dining room
This is where I sleep! Bedroom. The view outside is rather comforting but just hope that I will not see someone staring back at me. The entire house is surrounded by other apartments and people can look through your windows. Danish doesn't really mind privacy.
Kitchen. The washing machine is in the kitchen!
This picture looks rather dark. It was taken this morning and it's the view from my kitchen. I could see the courtyard from my kitchen, bedroom and washroom.

6 comments:

Doreen said...

That's quite a cosy place to live in. Is it quite near to where you work?

Cher said...

I like ur new house, it looks very cosy and consider spacious.

Ming_Elspeth said...

Nice one...esp the living room.
White colour can make the place more comfy, calm and spacious. =)

Always pull down your curtains in the bed room.

Happy living!!

Petite Lass said...

Doreen - Yes it is. One of the reasons why I chose this place ;)

Cher - Indeed it is! At least the washroom is bigger than many of those I have seen.

Ming - The living room is my favourite place! Hehehe. No curtains in the whole house. Only blinders. So, must always remember to use the blinders each time I want privacy. This is one of the differences between Asian and Danish. We like as much privacy as possible but not them ;)

said...

wow, can hold parties! the lamp in the living room is so low, like a hangin plate, can put food on it? love the last photo, nice angle shot!

Petite Lass said...

白 - Indeed. But I don't have much to offer right now. Need to buy some things before I could throw a party hehe. Yeah, the lamp was hanging so low that while I was cleaning the house last Saturday, I almost "killed" it or was it almost "killing" me. Hahaha